Deadlines and Eligibility
The deadline for 2017-18 artist fellowship grant applications is Tuesday, November 1, 2016.
Online applications will be available in early September 2016.
Songwriters, composers, and writers will be eligible to apply this year. Click for Grant Guidelines
To be eligible for Arts Council funding, fellowship applicants must certify on the application form that they:
(1) are at least 18 years old
(2) are a U.S. citizen or holder of permanent resident alien status
(3) have been a year-round resident of N.C. for at least one year immediately prior to the application deadline
(4) will remain a N.C. resident during the grant period and be physically present in the state for the majority of the grant period
(5) are not enrolled at the time of application and will not be enrolled during the grant period in an academic or degree-granting program.
The deadline for 2017-18 organizational grant applications is Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
Online applications will be available by January 3, 2017.
To be eligible for Arts Council funding, organizations:
1) must be nonprofit organization (or an organization that has applied for non-profit status that is using a fiscal agent);
2) must have been producing quality arts programs for at least 2 consecutive years;
3) must have prior-year organizational cash operating expenses of at least $20,000.